Friday, April 18, 2008

"Twittering" over the Office

Did anyone catch the office last night? (I know my girl Summer was tuned in) I tell ya I think I had forgotten how much I LURVE this show and how much I was longing to see my neurotic pretend friends and boyfriend Jim (BE STILL MY HEART--MARRY ME PLEASE) (yes I KNOW I AM DRAMATIC but don't pretend like this is some kind of new revelation --just love me through it), kudos to the genius writers of this fabulous series, I think that the writers strike has only stregthened the quality of the show-- there were so many brilliant yet ridiculous, pee in your pants, moments that I just felt compelled,by the holy spiriat (ok that is a stretch and not true at all---I just wanted to say that) to highlight a few for your reading pleasure .... Jim's (marry Me NOW) fake proposal to Pam!!! Or how about when Michael refers to Oscar as you 'lil "Oscar Meyer Weiner lover" making reference to his "condition" as he likes to call it, or when he calls Wendy ( the Hot and Juicy redhead) but turned out to be the actual fast food restaurant,or at the coffee shop where he had gotten his name called out by the barista to pick up his coffee after he had just denied that his name was Michael to Pam's homely landlord, and lets not forget about the inspiration behind the whole episode-- Michael's infatuation with the Chairmodel in the Chair catalog and how about the finale where Dwight and Michael go to her grave and start singing "Bye, bye Miss American Pie"---ahhh Classic moments and definitely goes down as one of my top ten favorite episodes...I love all of these awkward, inappropriate uncomfortable and really, really ridiculous people I think one of the main reasons I find them ALL so endearing is because I know these people in real life, whether you have worked in an office (but especially), have neurotic friends or share the same gene pool--- WE ALL KNOW these people and if you don't know these people YOU ARE THESE PEOPLE (I speak the truth in love) -- alas my Thursdays nights are all a 'twitter again ...SPEAKING of TWITTERING---Can some one please explain to me the purpose of this new phenomenon? I am so confused...isn't it basically just texting ( I Know I just sounded OLD...thats bc I am) What is the point of it, I am always so skeptical of new stuff like this (ie:INTRANET (as my late grandmother would say),email,cell phones, texting, myspace, facebook, blogging....) but I ALWAYS give in and become its BIGGEST FAN---so can someone explain to me the point of Twitter and its usefulness....so I can jump on the bandwagon....this is Brandi Brownlee signing off...till next time homies!!

8 comments:

The Beasley's said...

I happened to stumble across your page through Fabulous K's page. I have no idea how I ever found her page, but I had to say you crack me up, AND my husband and I both went to Louisiana Tech. I'm from Bossier...he's from Martin. Hearing all the stuff you're talking about in the post below this one is crazy because I know every spot :-) Kelly Moore actually took our wedding pictures, too, and we haven't driven through downtown since she opened up her studio. Anyway, just had to stop by to say hi! I think I may just have to bookmark your page so I can read up on any other Ruston news :-) Happy Louisiana livin'!

the Jennings secede from the South said...

Oh, I loved it too, girl. That was one of the best episodes thus far.

Carrie said...

I'm SO glad to know I'm not the only Kellie Rasberry reader out there!! College Station is GREAT...except no Kidd show. :( I'm glad you're blogging!!! :)

Jon said...

hey there.. just thought I'd stop by and say hi. You're making me jealous talking about all that sweet, tea, peach cobbler, purple hulls, etc.!!

talk to ya soon..

jon

Sum said...

OK, I didnt see The Office, because the weather was so bad here the news came on instead. BLAST. so I read the first line of your post and not the rest, so not to be a spoiler for me.

LOVE AND MISS YOU.

Lindsey Brittain said...

You're ridiculous. You need a newspaper column or a radio show or something because the rest of the world really needs to be exposed to you! haha. Love ya gurrl!

Lb

EO said...

Girl you are hysterical. But what's a Lagniappe?

Andrea "The H family" said...

B-ho. Gracious. Holy Blog land. Ok, twittering. Just updating by the minute.
I'm addicted.
Hugs