Saturday, August 2, 2008

RANTS and RAVES!!!

WELL HELLO all you BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE --I have missed you all desperately!! LOTS to talk about!! First let me just say how truly happy I am to be back in MY HOMETOWN---here are a few things I LOVE about my sweet lil community: 1) SNOW CONES---LETS PRAISE THE LORD ON HIGH IN HIS SANCTUARY for this novel invention!! In my town there is one on every corner and its rare that my car passes one without stopping to partake in this HEAVENLY goodness (especially NOW that it is 1058 degrees outside and my A/C just died)!! My fav flavor is strawberry daiquiri with CREAM on top-- (this is my spiritual act of WORSHIP!!) I think the cream thing is a Louisiana thing cuz when I was in Texas all my friends thought I was gross---trust me its divine and sometimes I have TWO --just because I CAN!! 2) SWEET SOUTHERN GENTLEMEN!!SO the other day I stopped off at Cranford's grocery to get some gas and a coke icee and just as I was about to open the door I was quickly met by an older gentleman about 65ish who politely smiled as he passed me and just before I reached for the door handle he quickly turned around and ran back to catch the door while I walked inside-- to which I politely nodded my head with a thank you and he said the phrase I just LOVE to hear from chivalrous gentille MEN "IT WAS MY PLEASURE" there is just something about that phrase that I have a new found appreciation for...now let me assure you there was nothing beautiful about my appearance that day ...now that my job is literally in my backyard I barely bathe daily, much less put on a full face and the whole nineyards --LETS BE HONEST --my face was busted and I was wearing my month long favorite outfit and I swear someone actually mistook me for RAGGEDY ANN's P.W.T. stepp sister....(confession: I have this problem ---I have a closet FULL of clothes, shoes, accesories --OK lets be really HONEST I have like 4 closets full--hey I know I HAVE issues I am working through them---JESUS and I are working it out-- stop judging!!however I get on a certain outfit KICK and it started out wearing the same outfit for a week, then it went to wearing the same outfit for two weeks, and on and on until it grew into wearing the same outfit for a month. I know some of you find this down right repulsive and rightly so-- while some of you think its tragic and altogether SAD---but the deal is EDWARD T WELCH has changed my LIFE --if you are not familiar with this guy --his book changed my life "When People are BIG and GOD is small" --basically it talks about the fear of man and becoming free of people approval--- MY mother says and thinks that this might have been to a fault and says I use it to justify my behavior---she says its just plain self RESPECT---I claim ITS FREEDOM in CHRIST--actually its probably more on the side of LAZINESS...nevertheless its the TRUTH of my life... so much so that the Kelly's joke and say stuff like "Is this July or August's outfit?") 3) I love leaving my car running while I have to go in quickly to the store and not FEAR someone stealing my purse or my car (in either case the poor fool would be sadly disappointed) but there is just something so freeing about this most simple luxury---in DALLAS at my last place of residence they would have busted my window out for a used toothpick...and that is the hard and fast truth!! I could literally go on and on about other things I LOVE about my small town --but I had to move away and then back to appreciate it all---but I won't bore you with them.
In other news...Kelly and I went into our favorite local nail salon to get pedi's and mani's on FRIDAY and I KNOW THAT THE Staff thought we were RIDICULOUS mainly because we ARE--but for some reason we felt a compulsion to wear our really BIG sunglasses INSIDE the nail salon all while reading our fav trashy MAGS...I don't know why those mags are so ADDICTIVE but they certainly are, maybe its bc we know we aren't supposed to talk about people but somehow if they are celebrities they are free game---WHY do I really care if Jaime Lynn Spears is really gonna marry her baby daddy? or if J-LO will ever shed that final baby weight? and if Brangelina will have one more baby or rescue some unfortunate poverty stricken child taken from some obscure, never before heard of people group, that doesn't even have their own spoken language-- in which Brad and Angie can only communicate to her-- like Jodi Foster in the movie NELL, telling her of her other 413 brothers and sisters that eagerly await her backhome!!!???? REALLY!!???
AS Beth Moore said this weekend there used to be a day when Hollywood had some mystique and class....not so today...AS you can see I also got a lil BETH this weekend--Oh LORD where do I even start on this one? Come on its FRIGGIN BETH MOORE--NUFF said!!Yet somehow my friend Kelly had never heard her in LIVE and LIVIN color so I think she thought that Stacey and I were apart of some secret underworld cult or something-- in which all of the members must go out and find NEW prospects to drink our red kool-aid and therefore making our yearly quota of new disciples...BUT I ASSURE YOU THIS AIN'T NO CULT GIRLFRIEND!!!FANATICAL? YES, POSSESED? YES... all by the HOLY SPIRIT of course!! WHEW! I got me an 'ole fashioned spanking!!And I needed it ---all in LOVE of COURSE...and I wasn't the only one, after about 20 mins into the first session I looked over at both of my counterparts and we were all three snotty nosed and red faced---and I had to giggle a lil to myself --because Jesus was meeting all three of us at our point of need ---all in different areas---ONLY the HOLY GHOST can do that!!And all I have heard out of K.M.'s mouth since that blessed event is BETH this and Beth that, and Beth said so and so.....I LOVE IT----SHE is soooo eating her words!!! Stacey and I just look at each other with that look of ---TOLD YA SO!! Welp I think that about does it for now...its good to be back in the groove of a schedule again!!LOVE YOU ALL!! Till the "Spirit" leads me next time!

K.M. and I reading our trashy mags while getting our toes DID...



K.M. was proud of her new BIG shades so I wore mine in support of her decision....inside the salon!! Remember I have "NO FEAR OF MAN"



Our two nail attendants WHOM were thoroughly "AMUSED" with our shennanigans...






12 comments:

Anonymous said...

kelly is so talented....i came here from lpm and then checked out your teary-eyed friends blog....Boy does she have an eye for photography....stunning work....wishing her and you great futures in your walk

Lora said...

YOU AIN'T RIGHT, KID! Also my favorite nail salon & sounds like you have a touch of the OCD going on. Next thing you know you will be running & counting your steps.

Sum said...

1. girl, don't make me come to Ruston to make you take a shower.

2. CHEERS TO ED WELCH.

3. sno cones are from the Lord.

lovee you!!

The Allen's said...

love me some mani/pedi action at latech nails. nothing like being forced to watch great movies or read trashy mags all b/c you HAVE TO wait for those dang nails to dry. guilty pleasures are wonderful :)

Kristen said...

That is for sure Beth checking out your blog. Basically, you're famous!!! Those two nail techs don't look too amused by you two. :)

Check my blog soon for recipes. Tonight is Soba noodles with fresh veggies, shrimp, and an amazing japanese sauce.

Thanks for the pics on your facebook, they're great.

Andrea "The H family" said...

B-HO. Lordy! What is your phone number girl? what happened?
Would you please call me with an updated number.
MISS YOU HONEY!! How are you?
LOVE YOU BACK! MMMMWAAAHH!

The Taylor's said...

ummmm praise his name for CREAM on snocones!!! I GET SO MUCH CREAM SOMETIMES I GET SICK!!!

Jamie Mullins said...

I love cream on snowballs too(that's what they called snowcones in N'Orleans!! They are just NO good without it. My fav is ice cream w/ condensed milk...sinful...but SO TASTY!! Thanks for the comment on my blog. Love your blog..ADORABLE!!

Dawntoya and Adam said...

As a married woman and future new mom who never gets to shop I want to punch you for having all those clothes and yet wear 1 outfit. Brandi get it together or FED EX some to me!!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are adorable. Thanks for stopping by our blog. :) Hope you are doing well.

Bex said...

B-HO, you are CRAZY and i LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!!

Rachel DeBell said...

Totally great move on those sunglasses...for some reason I just can't sport them...you're a rockstar!