Sunday, August 10, 2008

HEALER...

Today in church our Pastor camped out on this verse on PHIL. 3:10-11: "-That I may know HIM and the POWER of HIS resurrection, and may share HIS sufferings, becoming like HIM in HIS death, that by any means possible I may attain the resurrection from the dead."
WOW! I felt so convicted because the first part of that verse is easy to take---YES who does NOT want to KNOW the POWER of THE RESURRECTION of CHRIST, BUT...its that second part that stopped me in my tracks--AND SHARING in HIS SUFFERINGS? How MANY of us can say in what ever circumstance you give or take away ---"BLESSED BE YOUR NAME?"
And then the LORD reminded me of this story I thought I would share it ...




7 comments:

Lora said...

VERY POWERFUL!

Bex said...

you're added!

Bex said...

dang. this song is awesome.

Andrea "The H family" said...

hi pumpkin. That's the scripture God gave me PRE-LUKE. I have it on 'Luke's story' on my blog. Girl..in the hospital..I clung. I clung.
Ok B-ho....have I told you I love you desperately?! One conversation w/you reminds me of why I fell in love 'at first sight' in that hideous bible study class. LOL. Umm, hideous is meant affectionately.(love you)
A

Lindsey @ A New Life said...

I can :0)

Thank you for your comment and the book recommendation (When People are Big and God is Small). You are the 4th person to tell me about it in the last two weeks, so I am headed to pick it up this weekend. Thank for the encouragement and being willing to post on some strangers blog!!!!!!

If you haven't already- check out "The Wounded Heart" by Dan Allender and "Same Kind of Different as Me" by Ron Hall and Denver Moore. GREAT books!

Lindsey

Dawntoya and Adam said...

Mmm, the worship I needed today!

kerristarr said...

Boo! It was good to see you for a minute in the Dirty LEW! love ya