Tuesday, April 8, 2008

And today was a Good Day...


"And today was a good day"...to quote from the wise 'ole sage ICE CUBE (disclaimer I don't support his lifestyle or his political views but I believe he was on to something when he wrote this song, of course one should over look his repetitive explicatives and derogatory comments toward women (due to the sheer fact that He probably does not know Jesus)...ok so maybe He isn't the picture of an upstanding model citizen ...but I like this phrase and it fits my mood... so don't judge me) And I digress...I started my day by checking my email to which I was pleasantly surprised to find out that The New Kids On The Block are reuniting and going on tour sometime this year---You HAVE No idea how happy this makes me ...I was SOOOOOO LOVE struck and obssesed over Joey McIntyre (which closely rivals my obsession with J. Timberlake but ya know there is just something about your first love) that I would have daydreams of him singing to me "I'll Be Lovin You Forever" and him whisking me away to Boston where I would bare his perfect fair-haired children, our girl: Brandi Jo and our boy: Joey Jr., where we would live our charmed rockstar life happily ever after....need less to say that dream never came to fruition and the closest I ever came to that dream becoming a reality was when I was in the 6th grade my sister and I got tickets to their concert for our birthday (we share the same birthday month) and we sat in the nose bleed section...yet knowing that we were in the same room together was probably enough to get me through to this very day....so you betta believe me sista when I say "come HELL (or is it hail?) or High WATER ... I WILL BE GOING TO THEIR REUNION SHOW ---("Can I get a witness?")do I have anybody who would care to join me? (And what about 'ole Jon Knight did he ever get over his social anxiety dissorder? I was really worried about him there for awhile...) Next I met Melissa and Kelly for one of our weekly "office" meetings at one of Ruston's favorite hotspots: Sun Down Tavern where we are supposed to talk about office type stuff ---but I think it is actually just a good excuse to sit outside on the amazing patio and eat some of Mr. Bruce's (side note: he is still just as crotchety and ornery as ever, but there is something very endearing and comforting about that in an odd, dysfunctional sort of way--and he still won't serve sweet tea and I am not gonna stop asking for it either) yummy po boys and catch up on the latest news in our lives (mainly I just sit and listen to them compare parenting notes) and maybe at the end we spend a few minutes discussing the weekly agenda. And Lord knows you see everyone and their mamma at Sundown, case in point, ran into Ms. Candi (in her case she was actually eating with her daddy and not her mamma today--but oh how i love her mamma!) And Ms. Candi came over and officially welcomed me back to town and after catching up, she mentioned wanting to set me up with a guy around my age who has apparently been "waiting on the right girl" for quite some time now (which leads me to reference Kristen Billerbeck: "that there is single for a season, and single for a REASON"--and in my past dating experience the latter has held true for most of the men I have encountered in my small dating repertoire---but i will stay positive until proven otherwise) I was just flattered that she would even think of me-- in Dallas this never happened --I was always the one match making! But the truth is most people aren't very good at it...although I HIGHLY trust Ms. Candi....I then, after work headed over to Ponchatoula's (another local favorite) to meet up with my 'ole college friend Libby Gifford-- and reminisced about the good 'ole Tech days and how blessed we were to be under the Leadership of the Men and Women that God placed along our paths during those days...those were some very sweet days...and this was all done over some of the finest crawfish this town has ever known (crawfish always stirs my affections for Jesus). So we just caught up on the last six years of each others lives---she is now in ministry at First West, so it will be a real treat to get to see Libbs on a more regular basis...I love her heart and its a heart that loves to pour into other young women!! Afterward I traveled to the local starbucks, in hopes of getting some phone reception, but instead ran into my longtime friend Cynthia where we caught up, told funny stories, and said "remember when or remember so and so?" about 100 times...as I got in my car and drove away I was confident of one thing that GOD is up to something...what-- I am not exactly sure---But I know one thing that is for sure that there are NO accidents in the Kingdom of God and Jesus reminded me of this in the Book of Ruth, where Ruth had left everything that she had known to be comfortable, for the sake of her mother -in-law out of loyalty and honor with no promise of a future for either of them (just a hope of one), yet she was faithful to Naomi and traveled to Naomi's homeland("Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Heb. 11:1)where she was a lowly Moabitess...."BUT as it turned out she HAPPENED to come to the portion of the field belonging to BOAZ, her kinsman redeemer" Ruth 2:3....I think this verbage is so interesting in scripture because its like this scenario was just a happenstance but we know that there are no accidents in the kingdom of GOD if we trust in His sovereignty, So here is sweet Ruth just being faithful in the small things....and "as it turns out" ends up in the LINEAGE of our Sweet Savior?WHAT!!??Did you catch that? Oh we just think we are calling the shots don't we, beloveds? Oh at the end of the day when you are getting in to bed and you are recounting all of your "mess" ups and wished you would have done this or that ---rest in HIS sovereignty--NOTHING WE CAN SAY OR DO WILL EVER THWART THE PLAN OF GOD!! Such comfort in this truth, so though you think you are making a decision to go to the grocery store or going home a different direction --you are still under HIS sovereign plan!!Whew I was'nt expecting to get uber spiritual on ya...it just came out because the Lord is reminding me of this!!

P.S. ---I just checked my phone messages and yet another friend in Ruston is just dying to set me up with yet another fella "who is also waiting on the right girl" ....I do declare--A girl might could just get used to this sort of attention !! Again I will stand by my aforementioned statement "that today was a good day..."

13 comments:

Meredith said...

OMG, I was just reading the book of Ruth this week!! You're right, we are so going to be friends!! I have been telling one of my friends the SAME thing, God is up to something!!

Ashley said...

Well, Lordy!! Look who finally caught up with the rest of us!!!!! Ok, sissy...now add me as a friend, and give your flesh and blood a call (I will email my number).

Sum said...

you crack me up. I can hear your voice as you write! and where were you when I wanted to eat crawfish for the past 6 months and no one would go with me??????

B-HO said...

Well Sister Su --1) I never knew this bit of info---cuz I totally would hav e gone with ya 2)There is such a thing as crawfish season 3) I MISS YUR HOEBAG FACE...LOVE YOU!!

Melissa said...

SHUT YOUR MOUTH NKOTB! Im so hitting up the tour in Atlanta!!!!!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

Okay fine. I'll add you. But, ONLY if you explain who the hell George Glass is. :)
I think Baby Jesus was trying to tell our neighbors something too...that's what she said this morning anyways. :)

the Jennings secede from the South said...

B-Ra! Guess who's back? Brand is back! Guess who's back, guess who's back.
Hey! I didn't know that you were kelly moore's assistant, I just thought you were like a model now or something. I miss you, girl! I want to come to Ruston and visit you! Maybe I'll have a lemonade stand and raise some money. Meanwhile, have a snow cone for me. These yankees don't know what they're missing.

Lora said...

She's BAAAACCCCKKKKK!!!!!!
Hey-How long have you been in town and just where have you been hiding-Besides every watering hole and restaurant in town????? We still live in the same place-so you know the way!

Katie Nieder said...

is it weird that i got really excited when i saw that you have a blog?? (true story) i just put a link to your page on my blog :)

hope you're doing wonderfully well!!

Rachel DeBell said...

Hey girl, How's it going?? Miss you even though I never ever see anyone at church anyway! Still been praying for you so update when you can!

Lisa Allen said...

I am making a prediction here...random as it may be..I think in one year from now, you will be either married to the man of your dreams or you will be the mayor of that town! I think the first one is much more likely! Have fun in the dating pool of sweet tea!

Lora said...

OK-Brandi-blogging entails MORE than just changing you template-you must actually type in some words. Doesn't have to be a multiple page discourse, just what's going on!

Finally an Abrigg..... said...

WHO DID YOUR BACKGROUND!???!?!?! I LOVE IT!!!