Monday, April 28, 2008

'Tis the Season

Hi faithful friends... Welp 'tis the season-- The beginning of May marks the official start of wedding season for yours truly --the weather is warming up, flowers are a blooming, birds are a chirpin, and LOVE is in the air!! Due to the fact that I am the eternal bridesmaid and/or honored friend at numerous weddings this summer and some of which I will not be able to attend due to the fact that I can't be in two places at once (in less Marty McFly lends me his time machine)

I thought it might be cool to highlight these cherished friends/couples...



Amy Lynn and Dustin (5-10-08): Well where do you even start with Amy? She's the "Bestie"-- you know like Lucy and Ethel, Gayle and Oprah, and THELMA AND LOUISE--- I have known her since high school and ended up living right down the street from her in college . We have LITERALLY closed down more shopping malls and 24 hr shopping places(I realize if they are 24 hr it is impossible to close...it was to make a point)than I am able to count, been through the thick and the thin together ( i.e. teaching hooligans in farmerville)...she is true blue....like a sister-- my family calls her Amy "Howard" Wilson (soon to be Vance)There are so many things I love about Amy but I think her loyalty and dependability have to rank high up there...She and I have cried more tears than Kellog has cornflakes (mainly over dumb boys) and laughed till we literally peed in our pants (or that might have just been me) walked through the valleys and been on the heights together, yet we have also been known to throw a leg and some bird (dancing and "rook",its our fav card game) yet all the while she continues to be MY BIGGEST FAN (as I am hers) and CHEERLEADER --never once has our friendship ever been competitative or catty and I am thankful for that --she genuinely desires to see me happy (as I do her) if I were to ever get thrown into the slammer, she'd be the first one I would call, that is if she weren't sitting right there next to me (she's my THELMA and I'm her LOUISE) and in the case of that happening then we would probably have to call PAULA JEAN and MONA KAY...anyway I am thrilled for her. Dustin, I don't know as well...but I can tell he is such a servant and is a PATIENT man (he'd have to be)...and I love to see the calming effect he has on my dear friend...He for sure is a keeper---and I am excited to see what lies in the future for these two!Congrats!!



Next, Is Angie B and Phillip (5-25-08): Again, Angie is a long time friend, I first met her when I was 18 yrs old, I a senior at RHS and she a freshman at Tech, we both met through a mutual friend who just swore we would be BFF's...and now nearly 14yrs later I can honestly say that she was right. From the first day we met it was like "spontaneous combustion" and those of you who were around in those early days can attest to this fact (i.e Ms Kathy). I don't have another friend like Angie, we have the kind of friendship that we can pick up right where we left off...we don't have to talk every day or even every year for that matter , yet we both KNOW where each other stand in our devotion and affection for each other, we have lots of HISTORY together and have been around for many chapters in each others lives---our friendship is like wearing a pair of "old worn blue jeans"-- they are just plain comfortable! We have seen every season in our relationship the good, the bad, and the ugly--kinda like an 'ole married couple-- We have had many sanctifying moments-- some "knock down drag outs" and some really sweet and downright hillarious spastic times (i.e.:Our Happy Day video from college) yet have always come out on top better and stronger because of it, I would not change one aspect of our friendship!! Jesus has been so kind to GRACE me with a friend like ANG--I know of NO other friend who has spoken truth into my life like Angie has--things that were hard to hear but were beneficial for my spiritual growth--we are brutally honest with each other, yet at the end of the day we know we have each others back!!I pray that everyone could have an Angie in their life, she is incredibly creative, WISE beyond her years, and a very generous soul!!She is family! Phillip, WOW!!I am amazed at the creativity of our GOD at bringing these two together!!If Angie is your text book extrovert, then Phillip is your text book introvert. I never in a million years would have thought of putting these two together, I am glad our Lord had other ideas though! Phillip--was one of my best guy friends at the Village--he is incredibly thoughtful, BRILLIANTLY creative, and has such a tender, kind, gentle spirit....He is so GREAT for Angie....I am glad that he decided to join us last minute for dinner, almost two 1/2 years ago,for some random girl's birthday dinner that he had never met before ....that just so happened to be his future wife!!


Sweet Lyn and Scottie B.(6-7-08)!!These two are GREAT!! I knew these guys separately before they started dating...so I was thrilled to find out they were dating and now "going to the chapel"....I really got to know Lyn when I got the privelege of being her small group leader (she is one of the original H.B.A.'s) Lyn has such a kind and sweet nature, and I find it hard to imagine that she has ever uttered a mean word to anyone in her whole life ---you know the kind--the kind that was just born to be a wife and mommie, I also love Lyn's heart for the nations and for people!She will be a radiant bride!!Scottie is one of the "legendary" 1281 boys....he is just straight up GOOD people ...one thing I LOVE about Scottie is his genuine care and concern for people --he is one of the most sincere people I have ever met and he is a lot of fun too!!Blessings friends!!


Next, are my "rockstar" friends...TESS and JASON (6-14-08)!! WOW---Gotta give a BIG praise GOD for these two..I think many will be shouting an AMEN and dancing a jig when these two finally "tie the knot".... this one has been a long time coming --their story is one of redemption, reconciliation, and forgiveness--which is the story of the GOSPEL and stirs my heart for worship when I think of it all!Not only are these two people "gorgeously good looking" but also two of the coolest, funniest, out of control people-- I have ever known( and I know a lot of people). I first met Tess when she was in school at North Texas and she was the very first girl to ever call me about coming to my small group almost 5 yrs ago!!(so hard to believe)From the first time we spoke on the phone our hearts instantly connected and over the course of the next few years she became a heart friend, not only is she strikingly beautiful she has a heart that far exceeds her outward beauty, and she is a POWER HOUSE prayer warrior, she is the kind of friend that will stop everything to pray over you and remind you of your identity that lies in Christ...these kind of friends are priceless.I adore her and am looking forward to seeing her all"dolled up" on the BIG day! J-Clarke---This boy was born cool! I first briefly met him when we were both leading corresponding small groups for singles, back in the day at the Village, when there were only like 4 altogether (now there are like 400) but I really got to know him on a mission trip we were on back in '05...this boy and I hit it off from day one because we both have the same type of humor...REALLY RIDICULOUS!! Jason has so many amazing qualities but a few that stand out to me are: his ability of imparting the truth's of God in a new and fresh way, his Boldness and zeal for Jesus, his authentic, genuine life he leads, his teachable spirit, his spiritual vision and leadership,but most of all I LOVE HIS HEART! And it is a heart that longs to be a Christ immitator, despite his "self-proclaimed shortcomings",I have seen much growth over the years in this guy and I LOOK FORWARD to seeing this covenant finally come to fruition and seeing these two setting the NATIONS a blaze for CHRIST!!Talk about a Holy Ghost Party!!Woot!

Chavon and Casey(6-20-08): Next is my girl Chavondria, Chevy, Von, but those closest to her know her as straight up RIDICULOUS!! If you know her you know what I am talking about--this sister is seriously "out of control" hilarious, I love being around Chavon cuz you never know what might come flying out of her mouth (probably something inappropriate, hence the reason I am so smitten with her, bc I also have a tendency of being a tad bit inappropriate myself)...there are few people on planet earth who can make me LAUGH like VON...the only thing that outshines her "sense of humor, witty banter, and smack talkin sass-- is her heart to know Christ deeper... one thing I love about her is she is always so honest, even about her flaws and shortcomings, I love that she is always fighting to know him more fully and intimately...She and I really connected a couple of years ago over our like mindedness (is that even a real word) for the Nations...it has been a real joy to watch firsthand her spiritual growth and maturity blossom over the past few years into the wise, Godly woman I see today. Another thing I appreciate about Chavon is her love for booty dancing we have spent many a Saturday night dancing it up at the 'ole Red River. One of the things that I just love to sit back and marvel at the Lord over is his creativity in bringing the much hoped for and prayed for...."significant other". Many a night Chevy and I would discuss the type of Man we saw each other with...and I often would think "Lord, who in the world do you have for Chavon---she is so unique and special I want someone to really appreciate her and to cherish her as she so deserves"...And then I met Casey! This guy is so SWEET --he is such a servant leader! Wise well beyond his years his love of Christ is almost contagious! I love to watch how he honors and cherishes my dear friend...He is the PERFECT fit for her! He is kind and PATIENT (extremely) with her and so tender in his affection and pursual of her heart...I just adore him...such a sensitive sincere MAN of GOD! I plan on throwing a leg when these two finally get hitched!



BRYAN ADAMS and ROBYN(6-28-08): All I can say is "Hells" to the Yeah its about "DAMN" time B.A.!! (disclaimer:I don't consider these curse words...I consider these words of emphasis and must be used when really needing to make a point....as is the aforementioned)This couple has been dating for FOREVER (or what probably felt like forever for Robyn) I just love these two! I first got to really know Robyn when she was in the small group that I lead for a couple of years....Robyn is a second grade teacher and is the stereo typical 2nd grade teacher...she is soft spoken and is gentle and kind in spirit---you know the kind that scripture says we should strive to be (its a 'lil harder for redheads:) --it just comes naturally for Robyn, Robyn has such a servant's heart she is always serving or volunteering for some ministry or charity, and those who know her well will tell you that she has this unbelievably killer ,almost kind of sneaky, dry witt, that is most endearing to any unsuspecting recipient. Bryan: Ya know there are just some people who you are just drawn to , and I always have a soft spot in my heart for fellow redheads...I think I first met B.A. a few yrs ago at one of his blow out parties he would always host at his sweet pad...but I really got to know him when he and I got put on the village singles "Road Rules" planning committee, we were their token older "MATURE" singles,I consider this guy to be like a brother, he just genuinely loves people!! He is probabaly one of the most (beside his lovely finance) GENEROUS individuals I have ever known...to tell ya the kind of people these two are, they have created an "I Do" Foundation so that in lieu of bridal gifts and other wedding related purchases, you can donate to one of their beloved ministry/charities that they are actively involved with, here is a quote from their wedding web page "We just want to start off our lives together by serving and blessing others. We hope that this blesses you as much as it blesses us!" It has guys! I adore you both!!


Kristen and Kent(7-4-08): WOW!! I love their story!! Its so hard to believe that I knew these two seperately before they started dating,and considered them both to be dear friends of mine, yet somehow these two never really knew each other...until about this time last year when Kristen moved to the same apartment complex as Kent...
Kristen and I first met in a Beth Moore bible study led by the Village matriarch, Elaine Caudel, almost 5 yrs ago!! She and I instantly hit it off and I remember it well because Kristen was just coming out of a season of open rebellion toward God ( I am not telling ya anything she would not tell ya herself) and I remember her desperate prayers back then for God to transform her wayward heart, and God graciously did just that! I love to sit back and watch God do the miraculous in people's lives...I LOVE THIS WOMAN of GOD DEARLY!!!I watched God pick her up and place her with Godly women as roomates, I have seen her serve wholeheartedly in the connecting ministry at church,fiercely mentor young women,humbly lead a young ladies small group,fervently start a running ministry,passionately take the gospel to all kinds of Nations of the World and yet continues to pursue other various spiritual endeavors ...but none of which have a greater call than that of WIFE, and one I know she is eagerly awaiting-- this woman is the REAL deal Lucille!!I have seen this woman literally wrestle with God, I KNOW that she begs God daily for more of HIM...and she can PRAY like the HOUSE is on FIRE...she is a dear and precious sister who I am honored to call friend--LOVE YOU K-Helpert!! Next is Kent, I pray for a KENT daily---He is such a dear friend and brother to me! I praise God for Kent and his influence on my life, when I lived in Texas there was about a year of my life where I had the sweetest circle of friends (not to say I didn't at other times, but these peeps were kinda my inner circle) me, heather d, geoff, phillip, and kent , we all just did life together, I especially thank God daily for the men he placed in my life during that season, each one of these men repeatedly showed me attributes of Christ on a consistent basis and in turn greatly restored my dysfunctional view of men...I know of few men that I respect and admire more than that of Kent Rabalais. I first met Kent a broken, tender man who had recently walked through one of the hardest, darkest seasons of his life which resulted in much heartache, pain, and grief--but I sit here today amazed at the goodness and grace of our Jehovah Jirah ....in bringing MUCH beauty from those ashes!! I know of no other man who sincerely and fervently seeks the LORD like Kent, he is constantly thinking of others and putting their needs and desires ahead of his own, he is a servant leader in every sense of the word. I remember a time when Kent was really wrestling with the idea of not getting remarried, though I knew of his deep desire to be married, he would just say supernatural things like, "not my will but HIS will be done" but his desire for JESUS was far greater and if the Lord was calling him to this end, then he was willing to lay it down, but OH how I am grateful to the Lord for shining his grace on him in granting to him the desires of his heart, Kent was created to be a husband and father, and I am grateful to the Lord for men like Kent because he has only raised the bar even higher for me in my dealings with men. I think it is very apropos that these two are getting married on 4th of July, traditionally this is a day to remember our countries freedom and the precious price that was paid for it---I Know that my dear friends will indeed be celebrating "FREEDOM" as well, but maybe because they both remember the bondage they were both (all of us really) under in the "far off country", and the "FREEDOM" they now experience due to the great price that was paid on their behalf!

"It is for FREEDOM that CHRIST has set us free!!" Gal.5:1

Whew! I think that about wraps up my wedding itenarary this summer, I love each of these dear friends very much and am excited to see what the Lord will do with their marriages and ministries for the kingdom...Looks like the whole month of June will be spent burning up that stretch of black top between here and Texas, it will be busy but good for sure!